Club Racing and Learn to Sail Attendance Requirements
Under the provisions of our Covid Safe Aquatic Industry Safety Plan, these requirements apply to all participants, supporters and volunteers attending club racing and learn to sail activities. They are being regularly updated as necessary, in accordance with the latest advice from the Queensland Government regarding current restrictions.
HELP STOP THE SPREAD – BE COVID SAFE
Consider the following before registering and coming to the event
- DO NOT COME IF YOU FEEL UNWELL, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
- If you have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or travelled to any hotspots (for the latest list of hotspots click here) in the last 14 days, you MUST stay home and self-isolate at home for 14 days.
- If you have visited affected locations identified by Queensland Health’s contact tracing information page (see here) you should not attend until further information on the current situation comes to hand.
- If you are in any of the following categories;
– aged over 70 years
– aged 65 years or over and have a chronic medical condition
– an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person aged 50 years or over and have a chronic medical condition
– have a compromised immune system
– caring for someone who is compromised
you are considered to be more vulnerable and you should stay at home or take additional care where possible, and avoid crowds.
- If you have any complex medical needs, seek advice from your health professional as to whether or not it is appropriate for you to attend.
Club Racing Registration Requirements
- Registration is only available online and all payment is online/contactless
- All registrations (including juniors) must be in the name of the skipper, who must also provide the names of all crew and others in their group (family, friends and acquaintances). We are required to complete a COVID-19 attendance register for the event. This includes all attendees, whether competing or not. Only the address and contact number of the skipper, as the representative of the group, is required for contact tracing purposes.
At the Club
- Arrive Ready to Sail – GET IN, RIG, RACE, DE-RIG, LEAVE
- All members and visitors entering the clubhouse (including bar and toilet facilities) are required to register their full details (including time of arrival and departure) using the QR code on display throughout the building, or by visiting guesthq.com.au, and all signage must be followed.
- – Sailing Instructions for club racing are available online here.
– The boat storage area & club toilet facilities will be open downstairs for members only.
– Access is for one person only at a time.
– You must sanitise your hands before and after entry.
– The Black Flag Bar will be open after sailing for up to 50 patrons at any time, subject to these and other Covid-Safe requirements.
– All patrons should continue to practice physical distancing (1.5 m between people, unless from the same household).
– Hands must be sanitised when entering and exiting.
- Whilst at the club, both indoors and outdoors – please follow personal hygiene and physical distancing practices:
– Frequently wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or by using hand sanitising stations.
– Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth. Cover coughs and sneezes with your arm or a tissue.
– Put tissues straight into a bin and then wash your hands.
– Bring your own water bottle and do not share it or food.
– Avoid contact greetings such as shaking hands, hugging, high fives etc
– Maintain the 1.5m social distancing and 4sqm per person measures at all times. Regular monitoring of compliance with these requirements will be carried out.
– Avoid gatherings and congestion in all areas, including the beach and foreshore.
– The wearing of a masks is recommended in situations where social distancing may prove difficult.
– Arrange all boats and equipment to leave as much space as possible between participants.
– Stagger launch times from the beach as necessary.
- Any attendees who become unwell should go home immediately or report to a safety officer.